An HDMI cable can be used to connect your Windows laptop to your television. This allows users to display content from their computer screen onto the television. While connecting a TV and a computer looks to be a simple process, you may encounter issues with the display size. The images on the television may be distorted or smaller than you prefer.
If you’re getting worried and asking the same question, “how do I fit my laptop screen on tv with HDMI?”, this article would certainly help you.
Let’s start with Windows OS.
How do I fit my laptop screen on TV using HDMI? Windows 10!
- Connect your TV to your computer through an HDMI cable. Both HD and digital audio files can be transmitted via HDMI cables.
- Afterward, make sure you have changed the TV’s input source to the port to which your laptop is connected.
- When you see your computer screen reflected on your TV, you know it’s connected successfully.
- You must first check your TV’s native resolutions in order to adjust the HDMI screen size on the TV. If you bought the TV yourself, you should be aware of the supported resolution. Most TVs have HD, Full HD, and 4K branding on the panels. Read the instruction manual that comes with your television for further information.
- Afterward, on the Windows screen, move the mouse pointer in the bottom right corner of the display and move it up.
- Now, you will have to right-click on the Desktop and select Display Settings.
- Make sure you’ve chosen the correct resolution. If the screen resolution on your TV and laptop is the same, leave it alone.
- Now, go to the Scale and Layout section and change the layout from 100% to 200 percent or whatever is available.
- If the problem still persists, go to Advanced scaling Settings.
- Start with 100 percent and gradually improve until you find the appropriate scaling size.
- Now click on Apply to save your settings.
You should be able to connect your TV to your laptop through HDMI and fit the laptop screen to the TV if you follow the aforementioned steps.
How do I fit my laptop screen on TV using HDMI on Mac?
Adjust the screen size on Mac
You can easily adjust the screen size to accommodate your TV or projector while viewing content from your Mac or iOS device on your TV or projector. You can find these options on your Mac, Apple TV, or in the menu of your TV or projector.
Adjust from the menu on your Mac
Go to System Preferences > Displays when connecting your Mac to a TV or projector. From there, users can use the slider to adjust the overscan or underscan setting.
If you see a screen resolution option, select the one that corresponds to the dimensions of your TV or projector. Check your TV or projector’s instructions for the display resolution if necessary.
Adjust from the menu on your Apple TV
You can adjust the size of the screen in the Settings menu of your Apple TV when using AirPlay to watch video from your Mac or iOS device on your TV or projector.
In order to do that, visit Settings > AirPlay > AirPlay Display Underscan on your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD.
Go to Settings > Audio & Video > Adjust for AirPlay Overscan on an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd Generation).
Adjust from the menu on your TV or projector
Overscan and underscan can be adjusted on some TVs and projectors via a settings menu or a button on the remote. Look for a Zoom button or a menu like an Aspect Ratio, Presentation Mode, Computer Mode, or anything similar on your TV or projector. Check the handbook that came with your TV or projector for more information, or contact the manufacturer.
More information on Windows Report.
After reading the aforementioned guide, you will be able to fit your laptop screen on TV using HDMI. If you like our article or have any queries regarding it, do mention them in the comment section!